We are looking forward to seeing everyone at Art Camp 2022
Friday, March 25 – Monday, March 28, 2022
Please Join the Texas Weavers FOR A BEAUTIFUL HILL COUNTRY RETREAT!
After having to cancel the 2020 Art Camp because of COVID, we deserve to get back to what has become a happy tradition!
Here’s the deal: Art Camp is Friday to Monday, March 25-28, 2022. We’ll be at the Newcombe Tennis Ranch in New Braunfels. Choose from four in-depth workshops or bring an independent study project to work on without household distractions. In the evening participate in four little optional evening make- and-take classes. We’ll have good food, comfortable condo-type accommodations, a pool, a fire pit for marshmallow roasts. Bring your own wine and gather for conversation on the generous patios. Sounds great, doesn’t it?
A heartfelt THANK YOU to Inga Marie Carmel, who did all the preparations for the 2020 camp only to have it shut down by the pandemic. Much of her meticulous work has carried over to this camp.
Rasa Silenas; Art Camp Chair, CHT Member-at-Large
Attendees choose one workshop. Choices are:
- Deflected Doubleweave — Deborah Harrison
- Making Bags — Karla Herre
- Weaving in the Round — Molly Koehn
- Twill Baskets — Cricket Rose
- Independent Study
Also offered are evening mini-classes:
- Knotted Fasteners — Cate Buchanan
- Hinge Books — Diane Ferguson
- Weaving in Print — Tracy Kaestner
- Nautical Mats — Rasa Silenas
- Saturday: 9:00-11:30 am; 1:00-4:30 pm
- Sunday: 9:00-11:30 am; 1:00-4:30pm
Monday, classrooms are available until noon for independent work.
The price is all inclusive, determined by single or double occupancy in a bedroom.
- $445 per person with two people per bedroom
- $560 for single occupancy in a bedroom
Need more details? Download the Art Camp Booklet here
Prefer to register by mail? Download the Art Camp Registration Form
3 nights with lodging in condos. Each condo has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, in addition to a shared living, dining and kitchen area, and a fireplace. Up to four attendees share each condo. Two bedrooms are ADA compliant. If you wish:
- Preselect your condo mates
- Request accommodation for couples, or single
- Request ADA compliant room
- Eight meals from Friday dinner through Monday breakfast
- Morning and afternoon snacks and S’mores around the fire pit
- Vegetarian, vegan and special diet available upon request
- Two bedroom condos for 3-4 with two private bathrooms, kitchen, large living room
- Accommodations for couples and those requiring ease of access
This event is sponsored by Contemporary Handweavers of TEXAS – the regional organization.
Join us for Art Camp 2022 –
Save the date March 25 – 28, 2022!
Before you arrive, here are some preparations and amusements …
Name Tag Challenge: Make your own name badge holder. Your registration packet will contain your name badge that will be 3” x 4”.
- Make and decorate a pin- on, necklace-type, or otherwise wearable holder for it.
- Anything goes. Weave it, bobbin lace it, decoupage it, bake it from polymer clay or cookie dough. Heck, weld it together from old garden tools if you know how.
- Make it beautiful, make it funny, make it bizarre, make it philosophical. There will be prizes!
Fabulous Door Prizes: Curated by our very own Trish Ashton, so you know they’ll be fabulous!
Friday Night Mixer: Punch (spiked and un-), sweet nibbles, and cash bar.
Bring what you’ve been working on through the pandemic! Anything is fair game.
Is it pretty? Is it a dud? Did you learn something worth sharing from it? Will you ever do it again? Whether you want o-o-h-s and a-a-h-s or sympathy, we’re all here for you.
Verify your CHT membership is current. Try logging in. See disclosures below.
Registration for the CHT Art Camp is open to CURRENT CHT members only. The registration button will only show up for current and logged in members. Membership is $40 for a two year cycle. All current memberships expire June 30, 2023.
Dates to keep in mind
- Online and mail-in registration opens November 8, 2021 at 7am, CST
- No refunds after March 14, 2022
- Late Registration: A fee of $100 will be added for registrations received after February 20, 2022. Since we release our block of rooms on February 27, 2022, we may not be able to accommodate you after that date.