Art Camp 2018
New Braunfels, Texas
Join us for a relaxed, creative weekend in the Texas Hill Country. Time to weave, spin and dye with your besties!
Download the complete Art Camp Booklet at —
CHT Art Camp 2018
NEW LOCATION – John Newcombe Tennis Ranch and Conference Center, New Braunfels, TX
FOUR 2 1/2-DAY SESSIONS TO CHOOSE FROM – taught by talented instructors. Pine Needle Baskets, Tassels, Chinese Thread Books, Weaving Photographs on Silk.
NEW EVENING MINI SESSIONS – Make and Takes and Skill Building opportunities taught by your fellow guild members. Learning to Use a Drop Spindle, Needle Felted and Beaded Pins, Zippered Mesh and Material Necessity Bags, Origami Wreaths as a color study, Jewelry Pouches from Men’s Neckties, Simple Crochet stitches or time to work on your own projects. There will be two sessions offered each evening – Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
GREAT FOOD AND CONDOS: Good food including morning and afternoon snacks. S’mores around the fire pit in the Gazebo next to the big swimming pool. Menu flexibility allowing for special meal requests. Two bedroom condos for 3-4 with two private bathrooms, kitchen, large living room. There are also accommodations for those requiring ease of access.
$375 per person with two people per bedroom
$495 for single occupancy in a bedroom.
- 3 nights lodging in a modern two-bedroom condo.
- 7 meals (3 breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, and a campfire with s’mores.
- 2 breaks each day with food and beverages.
- 1 Daytime Class – 14 hours instruction time!
- 6 optional Evening Classes focused on learning a skill or a make-and-take item.
- Private class rooms
- Large central meeting room that is pj friendly in the evening.
- Access to a swimming pool
- Full service bar available but BYOB of wine permitted in the meeting rooms and condos.
- Free Parking close to condo
Arrive: Friday March 23, 4 pm, Dinner on your own
Depart: Monday March 26, 12 noon, after breakfast
EVENING GATHERING SPACE – and – PRIVATE LARGE BREAKOUT ROOMS
PJ AND WINE FRIENDLY – Forget your wine, no problem there is a full service bar in the lobby guarded by a wallaby
On-line Registration will open November 15, 2017. More information on Art Camp 2018 will appear on weavetexas.org and in upcoming newsletters. You may also contact Jenny Barker, CHT 2018 Chair at Rhea481@cs.com.
Fiber Friends Forever!!
Art Camp Returns March 2018!