Your 2019 CHT Biennial Conference organizers are working hard to give you a good value for your registration dollars, with an exciting class schedule and fun activities throughout the pre-conference and conference periods.
Your $255 registration fee will include the following highlights and events:
- Friday evening dinner and Keynote speech by Susie Taylor
- Saturday evening dinner and Presentation by Polly Adams Sutton
- Saturday evening Fashion Show and dessert reception
- Sunday brunch and Closing speech by Gabrielle Duggan
- 3 class units (1 unit = ½ day).
- Additional class units may be purchased for $25 each.
- Thursday evening tour of Perennials Fabrics and reception
We want registration to be smooth and easy. Please read the following information CAREFULLY:
- We offer the ease and convenience of on-line registration. (Mail-in registrations will still be possible for those who don’t want to use the on-line option.)
- Priority Registration period is February 1 – 15, 2019 ONLY for current CHT members. Open Registration begins February 16, 2019 and all are welcome.
- Between now and Feb 1 you should carefully read through all the registration materials and select your preferred courses and conference options. The downloadable registration materials are up on the website: https://www.weavetexas.org/conference/
- To help avoid schedule conflicts, a convenient one page class planning grid is available at: https://www.weavetexas.org/Class-Schedule-Grid-2019FW.pdf
- You will only be able to access the Registration Page IF YOU ARE LOGGED INTO YOUR CHT ACCOUNT. Between now and Feb 1 you should verify your membership by going to the CHT website, weavetexas.org and logging into your “membership account”.
- Priority Registration opens on February 1, 2019. As always, classes will be assigned on a first-come-first-served All mail-in registrations received on or before February 1, 2019 will be entered by proxy by the conference committee beginning February 1, 2019. Mailing in your registration does not offer an advantage over online registration.
- As a class fills up the option to register for it will become unavailable. There will be a “Wait List” option for full classes.
Many of the choices your organizers must make in planning these events are driven by projected attendance, plus we accrue certain benefits and obligations with the hotel depending on room reservations. Your early registration and hotel booking will assist us greatly in our planning process and help us maximize the value we can deliver. So, we would greatly appreciate your taking advantage of the priority registration period, if possible.
Taking the time to log in now is important because you must be able to log in to your member account to register online for the Conference.
Please try logging in before February 1, 2019.
How to Log-In to Your CHT Member Account
- Go to org and select “Log In” from the menu. (Top left corner)
- Your will be asked to enter a Username or Email. Use the same email address where you received this message.
- Next, if you know your password enter it. If not, select “Forgot password” and a link allowing you to reset your password will be emailed to you (check your Spam Folder if it is not received).
- You will know you are logged in if you can see “Members Only” pages like the Newsletter Archive: https://www.weavetexas.org/cht-newsletter/
- Once you access your account, please take a moment to update any information that is not current. Be sure to hit the “Update User” Button at the bottom of the screen.
How to Update Contact Info
If you know your current password
- Log in to your account
- You will see a “Welcome” message in the top right corner of the screen.
- Point to that area, you will see “Edit my profile”. Click that to go to the page with all your contact information.
- About half way down the page is a Generate Password When you click it the site generates a crazy long, random password.
- You can use that one or just type over it with whatever you want.
- Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and hit the “Update User” button.
If you have forgotten your password
- Go to the Log In Screen
- Click on “Lost Password” and request a password reset
- Check your email and click the link sent in the “Lost Password” email
- The system will suggest a strong, random password that you may keep
- OR simply type over the suggested password with one you prefer
- Be sure to write it down so you can log in after resetting it
- Contact Trish Ashton: email@example.com if you have any problems
Where to Stay During the Conference
Staying at the conference venue offers you convenience, time with weaving friends, shopping in Vendor Hall, and is the perfect spot to enjoy all the fun of the conference. Registration at the Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel. is open and ongoing. There’s no need to wait for February 1, 2019 to book your room. Take advantage of there great room rate at: https://www.weavetexas.org/conference/location-accomodations/
Don’t Forget About the Members’ Exhibit and Fashion Show
The Members’ Exhibit and Fashion Show won’t be complete without your special handwoven projects and handspun skeins. Find out deadlines and how to enter at Members Exhibit and Fashion Show Page
Questions about membership accounts and log in issues contact Trish Ashton, Membership Chair at Membership@weavetexas.org
Questions about registration and class assignments should be directed to: Conference Registrar, Janet Good Registrar@weavetexas.org
We can’t wait to welcome all you to Fort Worth!
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Rebecca Shanks, Conference Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org