Members’ Exhibit and Fashion Show Rules and Guidelines
The Members’ Exhibit and Fashion Show are important elements of the CHT Conference. All CHT members are invited to participate in one or all of the events. Entrants need not attend Conference in order to enter. Entry requirements for all the exhibits are listed below:
|> Entrants must be members of Contemporary Handweavers of Texas|
|> Each item must have been completed since the last CHT biennial conference (June 2015).|
|> Workshop samples, kits or pieces executed under supervision will not be accepted.|
|> Items must be created by the entrant only. If an entry is the product of two or more artists, the entry form must list all collaborators and their contributions. The category of entry must represent the work of the entrant; e.g., handspun category items must have been spun by the person making the entry.|
|> Two people must be easily capable of handling entries.|
|> Entrant should prepare entries for hanging, i.e. any rods or casings should be included with the entry when it is shipped.|
|> The entrant’s driver’s license number will be used for anonymous identification of items during judging and for pick up after the conference. If you don’t have a DL you may use another identifying number.|
|> Insurance is the responsibility of the entrant. Extreme care will be taken during storage, transportation and handling of entries, but CHT cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss.|
|> The number of awards in each category will be at the discretion of the judge. Comments from the judge will be given to each entrant.|
|> Items will not be released before the close of classes on Sunday. NO items will be returned by mail.|
- Every entry must have a Submission Form: 2019 CHT Members Fashion Show Entry Form postmarked by April 15, 2019
- Entries (Garments) must have an identification label: 2019 CHT Conference Entry Labels attached and must be postmarked by May 13, 2019 — no exceptions.
- Limit 3 entries per person.
- Members’ Exhibit $10 per entry – limit three entries
- Fashion Show $10 per entry – limit three entries
- CHT Life members are not required to pay entry fees. (CHT Bylaws – Article VIII, Section 2).
Click here for:
Mail form, item(s), and tag with check (payable to CHT) to:
CHT Members’ Fashion Show, c/o Katie Gosko
106 N. Casa Grande Circle
Duncanville, Texas 75116