Current and Upcoming fiber events around Texas:
- COLORS OF THE OASIS — CENTRAL ASIAN IKATS On view at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts now through June 4, 2017. When you’re in Houston for the conference, be sure to save some time to see this absolutely gorgeous exhibit of Uzbek Ikats from the collection The Textile Museum.
- Yellow Rose Fiber Festival, April 21 – 22, 2017, Sequin, Texas
- WEST Austin Studio Tour 2017, Saturdays and Sundays, May 13, 14 & 20, 21, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, 2802 Benbrook Dr., Austin, TX 78757
- CHT Biennial Conference, May 31 – June 4, 2017, Houston (Sugar Land), Texas.
- Open Call , February 21 through May 31, 2017 The Texas Biennial is an independent survey of contemporary art in Texas, founded to provide an exhibition opportunity open to all artists living and working in the state. The sixth edition of the Biennial will take place in the fall of 2017, with a series of exhibitions focused on relevant conversations around the state, and parallel programming at venues across the state.
- Hill Country Yarn Crawl, October 2017, 19 Yarn Shops and shop specials in Austin and San Antonio Area.
- Kid n’ Ewe and Lamas Too, November 2017 at the Kendall County Fairgrounds in Boerne, Texas. Yarn and fiber direct from Texas wool producers.
- CHH Annual Guild Holiday Sale, November 2017, The Guild House, 2327 Commerce, Suite 106, Houston 77002. Great holiday gifts for friends and family!
- DFW Fiber Fest, April 2018, Dallas, Texas
- CHT Art Camp, April 13-18, 2018 in Brownwood, Texas. Our biennial “mini” conference featuring Texas instructors. Time together with CHT fiber and textile friends from around the state.
- HGA Convergence 2018 is scheduled for July 6-12, 2018 at the Peppermill Resort in Reno, NV. Make plans to join in biannual celebration of all things fiber.
Saturdays and Sundays
May 13 – 14 & May 20 – 21
from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
2802 Benbrook Drive, Austin, TX 78757
Weaving, spinning, dyeing, and felting demonstrations. Exhibit of works by guild members, including:
Mary Macaulay – felted jewelry, hats, slippers, flowers, scarves. Some hangings too
Aimee Kandl – hand-dyed yarns inspired from natural and manmade landscapes
Meg Wilson – Wire woven bracelets, nunofelted scarves, handwoven towels.
Sarah Monger -Hand made blending boards and pottery yarn bowls and mugs.
Gail McGlamery – Hand-dyed rovings, hand-blended rolags, hand-spun art yarns, scarves
Linda Yeatts – Hand-woven clothing & wraps, hand-knitted accessories, custom-dyed yarns made into sculptured art.
Info at: West Austin Studio Tour 2017
Members of the Weavers & Spinners Society of Austin
Weaving and Spinning supply garage sale!
Sponsored by the Weavers and Spinners Society of Austin.