CONTEMPORARY HANDWEAVERS OF TEXAS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The CHT Scholarship program has been established to support individuals in their pursuit of fiber arts in the state of Texas.
Update 2/8/2017: Thank you for your interest in the CHT Scholarship Program. At this time, the CHT Scholarship Committee is no longer accepting scholarship applications for the 2017 CHT Conference
Application CHT Scholarship Application
Program Information Scholarship Program Requirements
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP:
- Current members of CHT
- Nonmembers of CHT at time of application. Must become a member to receive a scholarship.
- Students enrolled in fiber or art related programs.
- Current weavers and other fiber art practitioners. Fiber arts includes: Basket making, Crocheting, Dyeing, Felting, Garment making using handmade fabrics, Knitting, Kumihimo, Lacemaking, Spinning, Tapestry, and Weaving.
- Teachers of art and fiber related programs.
- Historians focusing on the craft of weaving for research and teaching.
FOCUS OF SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Learning new skills
- Improving existing skills
- Developing a program to teach fiber related classes
- Funding a workshop attended by multiple people
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT REQUIREMENTS
Recipient will be required to perform at least one of the following services in return for their scholarship.
- Write a newsletter article for the CHT Newsletter
- Present a program/workshop at their local guild
- Present a program/workshop at the next CHT Conference
- Present an evening program at the next CHT Art Camp
- Use their new skills to create something for a CHT Conference raffle basket
Applications must be received or postmarked no later than six (6) weeks prior to the requested event. Applications that are not received on time will not be considered.
CHT Scholarship Program ( as of 02/26/2015 )
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed CHT Scholarship Request Form
- An essay of at least 100 words describing how the requested course or activity content is related to fiber arts and how it will impact the applicant.
Application materials should be sent to:
CHT Scholarship Committee
c/o Sandra Gonzales
3701 Bellaire Circle
Fort Worth, Texas 76109
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application materials will be reviewed by the members of the CHT Scholarship Committee. If additional documentation is required, a member of the committee will contact the applicant to obtain this information. The committee’s recommendation for awarding of the scholarship and the amount of the scholarship will be presented to the board for final approval. Upon completion of the review and approval process the recipient will be notified of final status of their request.
Please note that submission of an application for a scholarship is not a guarantee that one will be awarded.
Note: Reimbursement is limited to amount of scholarship awarded and therefore may not cover all expenses.
- Eligible expenses:
- Registration for eligible courses
- Course materials and fees paid to instructor at time of class/workshop
Note: Travel, food, lodging, and guild or CHT Membership are not considered to be reimbursable expenditures
Expense reimbursement must be submitted to CHT Scholarship Committee for review, approval, and processing by CHT Treasurer for payment:
- Proof of completion with a signature verifying completion of activity within 30 days of completion
- Expense verification – Original copies of invoices are required.